Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Artwork: “Le Baiser du Rasoir” by Daniel Polansky (Bragelonne)

I should start this with a hat-tip to Justin over at Staffer’s Musings for showcasing this cover earlier today. (While I’m at it, his is a blog you should all be reading, so go check it out if you haven’t already.)

I offer it with but one word of comment: Wow…

Polansky-LeBaiserDeRasoir

Ok, maybe not just one word – you didn’t really think I’d be able to do that, did you? I really like this. I haven’t read Low Town/Straight-Razor Cure yet (soon, though), so I can’t comment on whether or not it suits the tone and content of the novel, but I really do love everything about it: the colours, composition and atmosphere are really great, and it makes me think of Sherlock Holmes and From Hell all at the same time. This is one of the best covers I’ve seen in a while.

Also on CR: Interview with Daniel Polansky

*

Update: Just for completion’s sake, here are the US and UK covers for Polansky’s novel:

Polansky-US&UK

3 comments:

  1. It suits the tone perfect.. like hit it out of the park perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a damn good cover - I bet Daniel would like it for his UK/US covers too! Must get around to reading this one.

    ReplyDelete