Monday, July 16, 2012

Breaking News! The Way Of Shadows gets Manga Adaptation

Weeks-NA1-WayOfShadowsOk, so it’s not really breaking news, as Brent Weeks already announced it on his website on Friday. Nevertheless! This is news for me! And it’s very good news, I think, so just wanted to share a quick mention on the blog.

Here’s what the man himself had to say about the deal:

I’m so happy I can FINALLY share this! This afternoon, at their annual San Diego Comic-Con panel, Yen Press announced their upcoming adaptation of The Way of Shadows. The Way of Shadows graphic novel will be a single-volume adaptation, and is slated for release in 2013.

Yen Press is a leader in the field of graphic novels, having adapted works like Witch & Wizard by James Patterson and Gail Carriger’s Soulless among many others…

I’ve already been discussing artists with Kurt whom we believe will bring a unique and bold vision to The Way of Shadows. I’ll announce who we’ve contracted and release samples of their art as I am able to do so.

I’m a huge fan of Weeks’s writing, and can’t wait to check out the adaptation.

Also on CR: Reviews of Way of Shadows, Shadow’s Edge & Beyond the Shadows, Perfect Shadow, Black Prism

[Writing this post, I also realised I’ve never interview Brent… I will have to rectify this…]

1 comment:

  1. Cool, can't wait to see how it will turn out as manga. I wonder if they will keep all the adult theme in the book.

    ReplyDelete