Saturday, February 02, 2013

Upcoming Paperback: “The Black Prism” by Brent Weeks (Orbit)

Weeks-BlackPrism-TPThis isn’t an entirely new release, of course (I reviewed The Black Prism back in September 2010), but with the paperback release, Orbit have commissioned an excellent new cover for the first novel in the Lightbringer series. The new artwork matches the style of The Blinding Knife, the sequel. Here’s the synopsis, in case you missed the book’s release the first time around:

Gavin Guile is the Prism, the most powerful man in the world. He is high priest and emperor, a man whose power, wit, and charm are all that preserves a tenuous peace.

But Prisms never last, and Guile knows exactly how long he has left to live: Five years to achieve five impossible goals. But when Guile discovers he has a son, born in a far kingdom after the war that put him in power, he must decide how much he’s willing to pay protect a secret that could tear his world apart.

The Blinding Knife is out now in hardcover, also from Orbit (both US and UK). The trade paperback edition of The Black Prism will be released July 23, 2013.

The Blinding Knife is inching up my TBR mountain quite rapidly, so expect it to feature on here sometime in the (hopefully) near future.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not so much a fan of the paperback cover art, though I can't quite place it. I prefer the hardback art. Either way, I'd like to read some of Weeks' work.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST read Weeks's books! He's awesome. The Night Angel Trilogy was superb (as is the prequel novella - which I actually recommend reading after the three novels), and Black Prism was wonderfull inventive. I've been saving Blinding Knife - it's huge, and is therefore a tad intimidating, but I suppose I really just need to get on with it.

      Delete