Thursday, October 24, 2013

Upcoming: “A Love Like Blood” by Marcus Sedgwick (Hodder)

Sedgwick-ALoveLikeBloodAn ARC of this novel dropped through my mailbox a little while ago, and I had no idea what it was about. Nor could I find much information about it. Naturally, this made me ever-more intrigued (love me a good mystery book…). Publisher Hodder has now unveiled the artwork and synopsis, so here it is…

I’ve chased him for over twenty years, and across countless miles, and though often I was running, there have been many times when I could do nothing but sit and wait. Now I am only desperate for it to be finished.

In 1944, just days after the liberation of Paris, Charles Jackson sees something horrific: a man, apparently drinking the blood of a murdered woman. Terrified, he does nothing, telling himself afterwards that worse things happen in wars.

Seven years later he returns to the city – and sees the same man dining in the company of a fascinating young woman. When they leave the restaurant, Charles decides to follow...

A LOVE LIKE BLOOD is a dark, compelling thriller about how a man's life can change in a moment; about where the desire for truth – and for revenge – can lead; about love and fear and hatred. And it is also about the question of blood.

When I read this, it will be the first of Sedgwick’s novel I read. Rather looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment